Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My wife is getting a pain in her left arm for no apparent…

Customer Question
My wife is getting...

My wife is getting a pain in her left arm for no apparent reason

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling. Sudden movement seems to make it worse. Lifting her left arm at one angel makes it worse.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Where exactly is the pain located?

Close to the shoulder between the shoulder and the elbow

Any tenderness anywhere?

No tenderness

Then it must be a nerve compression problem either at the shoulder level or at the neck level even if she has not problem with her neck

Most likely it's a disk problem in the neck compressing a nerve root there

I suggest she see her doctor for an exam and an MRI of the cervical spine to check that out and usually physical therapy will help with this

Please let me know if you need any more information