Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been diagnosed with a groin hernia. I have elected to…

Customer Question
I have been diagnosed...

I have been diagnosed with a groin hernia. I have elected to not have surgery at this point. I am now having a burning sensation on my thigh just below the hernia. Is that sort of sensation related to the hernia, and, if ues, what is the cause?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

Just a few days and no

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/21/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

I'm very sorry you are having this problem

It is likely a pinched nerve in the back causing this

any back strain lately?

no. the sensation is in the front

Yes I know.

This is common

Pinched nerves in the back radiate pain to the legs

I did read you answer. However, I do not believe that you have focused on my question. I was told that I have a hernia and i am concerned that this burning sensation may be related. I do not think there is a pinched nerve in my back. I do not appreciate the request for $50 to have you call me. i now think this site is just here to take money form people like me looking for quick answers. i should have asked my own Doctor from the start - that is what I have done now. Please cancel my temporary membership.

The pain is not from the hernia

it is a pinched nerve in your back.

But if you don't want to proceed that is fine.

satisfaction guaranteed.

Time will show you that I was correct about this

Time will not show that you are correct. My doctor has responded and has given me the correct answer.

Ok. no problem. Sorry I couldn't help you more. I wish you happy holidays and good health.