Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I HAD ORAL SURGERY AND EXTREMLY HIGH ANXIETY THRIUGH THE…

Customer Question
I HAD ORAL SURGERY...

I HAD ORAL SURGERY AND EXTREMLY HIGH ANXIETY THRIUGH THE WHOLE TIME, I TOOK 2 OXICCDEN PAIN KILLER DR PRESCRIBED MY BELLY HAD SHARP PAINS AND WAS IN SERIOUS PAIUN, DIDNT TAKE ANY MORE, EVER SINCE MY BELLY FEELS RAW, I JUST STARTED NEXIUM TO HELP HEAL IT, IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN TAKE OR THIS SHOULD HELP

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

SINCE I TOOK THE PAIN KILLERS A WEEK AGO

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

STARTED TAKING THE NEXIUM YESTERDAY I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED IN PREVOUS YRS WITH IBS

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
The evening I took those painkillers several hours later I was doubled up in pain it felt like caught gas in my ribcage it lasted about an hour we was that painful I was ready to call an ambulance till it's subsided the following I I stop the pills but had very sharp pains in my belly same area the surgery took place Thursday evening the pains happened Friday and Saturday I stopped everything on Sunday this past week I have had this very raw pain in my stomach eating seem to aggravate it I thought I started Nexium on Wednesday hoping that may help to heal the lining of my stomach I'm assuming the painkillers thinned out the lining in aggravated it is there anything else I should take or should the Nexium work
12/22/2017
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

The Nexium is as good as can be obtained to help heal inflammation of the stomach lining (gastritis). If there is some breakthrough pain, then it would be OK to augment the Nexium with a liquid antacid, such as Mylanta. If there is any associated gas symptoms, they also make antacids that contain an anti-gas agent, such as Mylanta Multi-Symptom.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.