Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have RA and had a flareup .The pain in hands was

Customer Question
I have RA and...

I have RA and had a flareup .The pain in hands was excrutiating. Doc gave a shot and next day pain was easing.But I still ache and 4 of my fingers are numb. Is this comman

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

My health is fine and the only meds I take is amlodipine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No she knows my past history and never anything serious

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/21/2017
Doctor: Dr.Sawhney, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
Hello
I am Dr.Sawhney and I would be happy to help you today.
I need some more information.
Did you get a corticosteroid shot?
Was this shot given at wrist?
no in hip
Thanks for your reply.
Pain may take a little longer to get better but having four of your fingers numb is not normal. This may suggest that your median nerve is getting compressed at the wrist.
You need to get back to you doctor for the numb fingers.
Feel free to ask any follow up questions.
Do take a moment to honor my work and time by rating my answer hopefully 5 stars.
You can continue the conversation even after you have rated.