Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a large lump in my upper abdomen when I do sit-up…

Customer Question
I have a large...

I have a large lump in my upper abdomen when I do sit-up exercises

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

I ONLY STARTED SITUP exercises three days ago, and noticed the lump yesterday.The lump is not very hard

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Am 82, have COPD but coping well with inhalers. M DOING SITUP

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having large lump in upper abdomen when doing sit-up exercises is most likely due to a condition called epigastric hernia.A hernia is a protrusion of a structure or tissue out of its normal position, usually through the abdominal wall. An epigastric hernia is visible as a small bulge and is easily diagnosed in a physical examination.

The treatment may or may not be required depending upon the condition & other factors.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh