Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having trouble with my balance, like I can

Customer Question
I have been having...

I have been having trouble with my balance, like I can barely walk without losing it and also my left arm is tingly and my fingers will not get warm they are like popsicles I have extremely high blood pressure and no insurance I have supposedly had a stroke before but I did not know it until the doctors did a brain scan and found a white spot all I was told is that I've had a stroke it wasn't recent and that was it is this something serious or will it pass it's been going on since Saturday

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Well I was in the hospital back in July and they cut open my side to go in and look at my heart I have heart failure but there was no blockage and yes high blood pressure does run in my family my mom died back in 2009 of a brain aneurysm but she had high blood pressure and half of her side of the family has high blood pressure

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have chronic systolic heart failure high blood pressure diabetes runs in the family but as far as I know I don't have that yet two of my aunts have had breast cancer my grandfather died of an inoperable brain tumor my mom passed away at 52 with a brain aneurysm and I have a couple of aunts that have thyroid issues and the two aunts that had breast cancer that's about all I know

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/21/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

if you have bad high blood pressure, you need to get that treated

your blood pressure could be going up and down causing symptoms sometimes and othertimes no.

you should apply for health insurance at www.healthcare.gov

or with your state medicaid office.

I am 39 years old and yes I am on blood pressure pills I do not have insurance but I usually qualify with a state program I do need to get reclassified but I do not qualify for Medicaid

that is good you are on blood pressure medications.

do you have bad anxiety symptoms? bad anxiety can often cause dizziness and balance issues.

you shouldn't be having strokes at age 39

I hope you don't drink or smoke.

I do smoke don't drink it's not anxiety

you should see your doctor

you could have fluid in your inner ear causing dizziness

you should see a doctor at a urgent care clinic to check your ears for fluid and infection

That doesn't explain the numbness and tingly in my left arm nor my ice cold fingers. I can't believe I've paid for these "answers".

you may be having poor circulation into your arms or a pinched nerve into your arms from your neck causing this tingling in your fingers.

blood vessel spasms can sometimes cause cold fingers

raynaulds syndrome can cause cold fingers due to blood vessels spasms which is worse in the cold weather.