Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I take Deplin and have severe periods of shortness of

Customer Question
I take Deplin and...

I take Deplin and have severe periods of shortness of breath.These seem to be associated with very moderate exercise. Could this be a side effect of Deplin?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

I have been to my primary doctor, a pulmonologist, a heart doctor and 2 ERs.They have done multiple tests and can not find anything wrong.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am being treated for low thyroid and have a history of depression.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/20/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

deplin is a special folic acid vitamin used with an antidepressant.

deplin would not be causing you shortness of breath symptoms

it is common to get short of breath with moderate exercise

you should continue to exercise. it will help fight depression and help you improve your breathing capacity and strength.