Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a vitamin d deficiency (6ng/ml) I have numb patches…

I have a vitamin d...
I have a vitamin d deficiency (6ng/ml) I have numb patches on my hands, feet, back and hip. I also have balance problems which seem to have improved since taking tablets. My limbs are all weak but my right side is way worse than the left. I've had an MRI but my neurologist said he doesn't expect to find anything. Can these symptoms just be the deficiency?
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Dear,

Thanks for staying online.

I understand your problem .

Well, for a healthy person, The normal level for Vitamin d should be at least 30 ng/ml (30 to 50 ng/ml) .

You have a very low level of vitamin d.

Such numb patches on hands, feet, hips is related with low levels of vitamin d.

Having weakness in right side is related with low levels of vitamin d.

There should be Supplementation with 800 to 1000 IU/d of vitamin D for this condition.

Such, weakness in right side of body, is related with low levels of vitamin d.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Thanks very much, I'm actually on 20,000 iu a day for the next ten days.
I was concerned because I've seen many people with a vitamin D deficiency who say that they're weak all over, it's not alarming that my right leg and arm are most affected? I hate to diagnose myself but I was terrified of PPMS, do you think I should forget that?

Good that you have already started with 20,000 IU a day for the next 10 days.

Please be relaxed. This is not related with PPMS.

Numbness in one side, can also be related with nerve compression from back.

I am sure, this is not PPMS. No need to worry for such serious issue.

Also you can take Vitamin B complex supplements. Gentle stretching exercises should help too.

Exercise 3-4 times a day. Take healthy and well balanced diet.

God bless you and take care.

Don’t forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Thank you! Take care

Dear,

Most Welcome.

God bless you !!

Thanks for using justanswer.com