Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I HAVE DEVELOPED A SEVERE PAIN UNDER MY RIGHT BREAST IT IS.

Customer Question
I HAVE DEVELOPED A...

I HAVE DEVELOPED A SEVERE PAIN UNDER MY RIGHT BREAST IT IS

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

CONSTANT

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

NO.NOTHING MAKES IT GO AWAY

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/20/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 6 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Since when is the pain?

Female 63.Pain started Tuesday.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Any pain of this nature and site needs to be investigated to rule out heart issue. You need to go to emergency room for the following investigations;

1) EKG

2) Echocardiography

3) Troponin tests.

The other causes to consider would be (if heart is ruled out);

1) GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) would be prime consideration as it is one of the commonest cause for non cardiac chest pain.

2) Hiatus hernia

3) Esophagitis

4) Costochondritis; it is inflammation at the junctions of rib and cartilage or with the breast bone / sternum. Local analgesic ointment, or spray, chest brace and warm compresses with Ibuprofen is helpful. Another possibility is muscle sprain. Please read about the costochondritis;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/costochondritis/DS00626

5) Esophageal spasm

6) Pleurodynia

7) Polychondritis

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I am very disappointed for I was asked for 5.00 to pay and I did.Now being charged 43.oo.I would like this cancelled.

Please contact customer support.