Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I took blood test then my doc, says I have to take another…

Customer Question
I took blood test...

I took blood test then my doc, says I have to take another one cuz my potasum is to high and I cant eat anything with potassum in it three days before my test so what can ieat?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

I had physical done and they took my blood and she wants to retake it,cuz she thinks my potasum is to high .so she told me don't eat anything with potasuu in it three days prior so she can take blood again

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No everthing else came back good i am rhnagitive with b facters

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/20/2017
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

You should avoid foods that are high in potassium. For doing this you should eat foods containing a low amount of potassium. Please refer the below link for a list of foods that are low in potassium and you can eat these foods in small amounts:

Low potassium foods

All foods have some amount of potassium and therefore you should eat a diet containing very low content of potassium.

For a menu of low potassium foods please refer the below link:

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/menu-low-potassium-foods-1688.html

With a low potassium diet, your repeat test will show that your potassium has reduced.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 6 months ago

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Thank you!

Dear customer,

Thank you!