Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I took one 10mg Adderall approximately 3 weeks ago. No prior…

I took one 10mg...

I took one 10mg Adderall approximately 3 weeks ago. No prior use. No use afterwards. I have a hair follicle test coming up this week. Will I pass?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Kind of. Just curious really, it will be a full panel drug screen.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have been clean the rest of the year. My nerves are just shot and I’m looking for some answers.

12/20/2017
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi Jake, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you are concerned about the upcoming hair test and whether the one time use of Adderall will show up during this test. I am very familiar with drug tests and interpretation of the results, and I can certainly help you in this regard.

Please see, just a single time use of Adderall is unlikely to get detected with the hair test

That too you have used very small dose of 10 mg

This tiny dose of amphetamine (Adderall) that too just one time use should not trigger a positive result for amphetamines during the hair test

The hair test unlike urine tests, does not detect single time use that too small doses like this

Only if you use the drug frequently then only it gets deposited in the hair enough to be able to get detected during hair test

So you should pass the drug test without any issues

Once again I can confidently reassure you, considering that you have used only a small dose of 10 mg, that too just one time, so this is not going to be detected during the upcoming hair follicle drug test and accordingly you are certain to pass this hair follicle drug test, so please not to be scared.

Wishing you all the very best with your upcoming drug testing!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi Jake, once again, you will definitely pass this hair follicle drug test and there is not even an iota of doubt in this regard.

Do you have any additional questions? Do you want to discuss further the concerns you have mentioned above, or any other health or drug related concerns?

Please let me know and I am available here.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)