Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I recently started to experience extremely bad cramping, and…

Customer Question
I recently started to...

I recently started to experience extremely bad cramping, and light . leeding. Over the course of three hours it has turned into heavy bleeding with multiple blood clots. I had ended my period a week from yesterday and they are for the most part regular. I don't know if I should seek medical attention urgently or if it can wait.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

Really bad pain. and for the most part they are regular and last four days

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having heavy bleeding with multiple blood clots is not an emergency or serious issue.

This can be due to various causes.The most common causes are:stress,being overweight or underweight,imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).

You need clinical examination,testing for thyroid function and other hormone levels. A pelvic exam is required to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes.

There does not seem to be anything serious or dangerous here.

For pain relief,take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter. It is available at your pharmacy as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

So I advice you to make an appointment with your gynecologist for the clinical examination & tests to find out the root cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh