Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I mistakenly took two gauifenesin tablets at 7:30 pm MST and…

Customer Question
I mistakenly took two...

I mistakenly took two gauifenesin tablets at 7:30 pm MST and two at 1:30 pm MST. Due to a UTI, I have also taken one 100 mg Nitrofurantoin Monohyd Macro capsule at about 2:00 pm MST. I do not have a cough or cold,but have significant pain from a bad tooth. I want to take aspirin tablets to relieve the pain. Can I do that?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the pain consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No except I am 84 years old.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
12/20/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The usual dosage of gauifenesin is 200 to 400 mg orally every 4 hours as needed, not to exceed 2.4 g/day

If you have mistakenly took two gauifenesin tablets at 7:30 pm MST and two at 1:30 pm MST,there is nothing to worry.

Overdose with guaifenesin is unlikely to produce toxic effects since its toxicity is low. Very large doses may cause nausea or vomiting.

Yes,,you can take aspirin tablets now to relieve the pain from bad tooth.

There is nothing to worry or of concern here.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor