Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a benadryl injection 3 weeks ago and I'm having

Customer Question
I had a benadryl...

I had a benadryl injection 3 weeks ago and I'm having horrible pains in my arm with movement

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling. Still has a bruise on the site. Not using my arm is the only thing that is comfortable

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had rotator cuff surgery in that shoulder last year?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
12/20/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Is there any tenderness, warmth at the site of injection?

Are you diabetic?

No to both

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

It seems that shot may have hit a nerve which in turn can injure the muscle fibers. This is responsible for your persistent symptoms for 3 weeks.

Following may help you;

1) Warm compresses.

2) Motrin / Advil.

3) Physical therapy.

4) Deep electrotherapy (done at physical therapy centers)

5) Vitamin C 500 mg per day.

6) Curcumin (an herb which has anti inflammatory action).

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Ty

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution of your symptoms.

Happy Holidays.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 3 months ago

Merry Christmas.

Happy Holidays.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor