Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter has severe vomiting with diarrorea and pain

Customer Question
My daughter has severe...

My daughter has severe vomiting with diarrorea and pain since last night. Lives in rural location of St Lawrence Qld. Takes meds for back operation but worried to take them as it will make her vomit them. Should she go to nearest hospital at Sarina

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Lyrica, Prestique, Oxy Codine, these are the ones I know she takes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My daughter had the accident 5 years ago and had spinal fusion. Has been battling with pain ever since and medication

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/19/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

How long has this been going on?

Any fever or abdominal pain?

And is she able to hold fluids down?

Since last night. Abdominal pain. No fluids

In that case she needs to get to the hospital

She's going to need intravenous fluid hydration for starts

But this could be a bacterial colitis that will require antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information