Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’ve been feeling a pain under my for lack of better words…

Customer Question
Hi. I’ve been feeling...

Hi. I’ve been feeling a pain under my boob for lack of better words for about a week now. Or longer if I include if I cough sitting up....feels like a bruised rib. I’m overweight like heavy overweight. Not a constant pain. I do indulge in alcohol more than I should. Starting to become concerned. 🙁🙁

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

No not a constant cough at all. Could even be a sneeze and causes the pain. Just lately I can touch it and it’s sensitive.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nope. Pretty healthy. Do have a hernia that was never operated on a few inches from the area but have since given birth and the dr wasn’t concerned afterwards.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

Do you have pain under the left or right breast?

Any lump formation?

Shortness of breath?

Heaviness in the chest?

Nausea, heartburn?

Are you taking any medicines?

Do you feel any lump in the breast?

Rash?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Right breast and no to all the following questions.
I do realize that when tucking my 11 month old to bed I hit the spot on her crib like exact same spot. I do bruise easily. So maybe?!

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, possible differential diagnoses may include Costochondritis, Gallbladder stone/ disease, Gastritis.

I would advise you some self-care remedies which you can try.

Take OTC Pepcid and Advil

Maintain a good hydration.

Do a gentle massage with topical diclofenac sodium ointment and warm compresses on the affected site twice a day.

Limit your alcohol consumption.

If the pain is getting worse then see your doctor for a clinical exam ASAP and ultrasound abdomen, Chest X-ray should be done.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

I just got concerned cause it’s tender to touch. Is it something I should be concerned about?!

Thanks for replying back.

I understand your concern.

Costochondritis( Inflammation of intercostal muscles) can be a possible cause.

You should take such self-care remedies for a week as mentioned earlier.

In case of severe pain, swelling, shortness of breath then see your doctor ASAP.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Respected customer,
Do you have any other follow up question?
May I help you more?
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.