Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a pain, spasm in my groin down my leg on the inside…

Customer Question
I have a pain...

I have a pain, spasm in my groin down my leg on the inside front part of my left leg. It comes intermittently maybe minutes apart and may go away for several days before reappearing. I have been taking Advil but it doesn't really help.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?

No redness or swelling or tenderness to the touch.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I recently was diagnosed with a right scrotal hydrocoel but there is no tenderness there. My urologist said it is not involved.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What are your age and gender?

Do you have associated lower back pain?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Are you overweight?

Do you feel such pain and spasms at certain positions?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

74 yrs.
No back pain.
Many months
Not overweight
Not felt at any certain position.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, it sounds condition like obturator neuropathy can cause this.

Neuropathy means nerve injury, and the obturator nerve supplies the inner aspect of the thigh. It may get compressed as it travels to supply the inner aspect of the thigh radiating from groin to upper leg.

Sometimes this kind of condition may actually arise in the lower spine in the form of pinched spinal nerve.

You will require further investigations including EMG/Nerve conduction study, an MRI of the lumbar spine and see a neurologist for further evaluation and management.

You can consider physical therapy.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.

May I help you further?

Waiting for your response.