Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Why would i speed up walking when i started out a nice gait.

Customer Question
Why would i speed...

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I've mentioned it my foot dr, general phys, and arthistis they say nothing

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No i had a knee replacement 5&6 years ago.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No to swelling, when i walk a long way. i've been using my cane

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
12/19/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

are you male or female?

once you warm up after you start out walking, your muscles become more loose, and your heart and lungs work faster

which can lead you to walking faster.