Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have fibromyalgia and im in alot of pain i need a script…

Customer Question
I have fibromyalgia and...

I have fibromyalgia and im in alot of pain i need a script for some type of pain management Tylenol or ibuprofen

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Lyrica and duloxeine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have also taken gabopaten and have had hydrocodone as well but they seem not to be working any more

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
12/18/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 2 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

We cannot write you prescription, as it is illegal.

But I can give you a very comprehensive management of fibromyalgia.

Ok that works also

The treatment of fibromyalgia is comprehensive. The treatment has to be individually tailored;

1) Aerobic exercise; low-impact aerobics, walking, water aerobics, stationary bicycle.

2) Heat, massage, and other treatments like sauna, hot baths and showers, hot mud, and massage.

3) Trigger-point injections,

4) Acupuncture,

5) Chiropractic manipulation,

6) Myofascial release

7) Neural pulse stimulation (CNP) device

8) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and operant-behavioral therapy (OBT)

9) Relaxation training and biofeedback

10) Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and acetaminophen

11) Opioid analgesics (hydrocodone, oxycodone, fentanyl, morphine),

12) Anxiolytics/hypnotics

13) Estrogen receptor modulator raloxifene

14) St. John's wort, ginseng, valerian, botanical oil, melatonin, magnesium, dehydroepiandrosterone

A combination of above is tried for an individual to relieve the symptoms.

The goal of fibromyalgia treatment is to improve the physical and mental health and quality of life. This goal implies helping manage distressing symptoms, but with decreased dependence on the medical care system. The common recommendations of education, exercise, and pharmacotherapy are often appropriate. Comorbid conditions, such as arthritis and obesity, should be treated because they can contribute to increasing physical and mental symptoms. In fibromyalgia; you are best person to guide your physician, as there are no set rules or standard of protocol which can be effective. The treatment which have been best and efficacious for you in past can be repeated. Because medical therapy is unsatisfactory, patients find their way to alternative therapies. Some of these therapies may be helpful to individual patients, such as massage, water therapy, spa treatment, and acupuncture. So, your decision to choose them supersede the physician's recommendations. The research, in addition to the clinical experience, indicates that the addition of education and a behavioral or cognitive-behavioral component to fibromyalgia treatment protocols is warranted. A combination of the Patient Education, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Relaxation Techniques, and Complementary and Alternative Medicine is suppose to bring the best outcome in quality of life.

For the management of the fibromyalgia using the principles of comprehensive nonpharmacologic pain management represented by the acronym ExPRESS; has been suggested.

1) Ex is for exercise.

2) P is for psychiatric comorbidity, because depression and anxiety disorders are common in chronic pain conditions and contribute significantly to pain and disability.

3) R is for regaining function; this often involves helping patients with activity pacing so that they do not do too much on days when they feel good and do too little on days when they feel bad.

4) E is for education; Web sites hosted by the Arthritis Foundation and the National Fibromyalgia Association are the best education sites.

5) S is for sleep hygiene, which is necessary for many who have developed counterproductive habits.

6) Finally, S is for stress management, which includes any number of elements, such as CBT, relaxation techniques, hydrotherapy, and gentle exercise to name just a few.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

It is privilege assisting you.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Merry Christmas.Happy Holidays.
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor