Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My jaw hurts when i bend over. It started Saturday morning…

Customer Question
My jaw hurts when...

My jaw hurts when i bend over

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It started Saturday morning it does not hurt any other time

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had this some thru the years it doesn't stay long i think it something i ate at the Christmas party perhaps

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This seems to be an inflammation of your gingival tissue or gum as it gets inflamed after a food particle stuck in there and thus causing pain for few days and then settles down on its own. I would recommend you to take tablet ibuprofen if pain is severe and rinse your mouth with cold water every 4 hours to reduce inflammation.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!