Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For the last few weeks, every time I go to bed and lay down,

Customer Question
Hello. For the last few...
Hello. For the last few weeks, every time I go to bed and lay down, my stomach feels like it has knots in it and burns. It feels slightly better when I sit up. I’ve been taking a higher dose of zoloft during this time also. Not sure if maybe this causing it or perhaps my nerves?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/17/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have these knots in your stomach.

bad nerves can cause upset stomach

excessive stomach acid can do this as well

you may benefit from taking some stomach acid reducing medications like zantac or prilosec which can help decrease stomach acid.

this could help your stomach

have you tried these medications before?

you may benefit from taking your zoloft after a meal.