Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My wife has an injured leg from the knee down...she fell…

Customer Question
My wife judy has...

My wife judy has an injured leg from the knee down...she fell yesterday and an ambulance TOOK HER TO THE CHATHAM HOSP....no broken bones bones...they put a splint on her leg to immobalize it but she is in a lot of pain,cant move and her leg goes into spasms which make the pain worse....how can she stop the spasms....alex

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?

The heel is swollen and a dark colour....any movement causes excruciating pain

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She has a 20 year history of endometrial cancer....ok now... the radiation killed her body ability to mfg magnesium....she has regular magnesium infusions but couldn't go to the last infusion because snowed in and they wouldn't give her one in the hosp

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/17/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

is there any numbness to the toes?
has she been keeping the leg elevated and/or using ice to reduce swelling?

I'M sorry but I wish to cancel