Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been takin zopiclone 7.5 mg for 5 years I seem to now…

Customer Question
Hi I have...

Hi I have been takin zopiclone 7.5 mg for 5 years I seem to now have deveioped a tolerance for it and 10 mg. seems to work. Is that recommended to take without problems? Thank you for your help.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Im not allergic to anything. The only medications I take are zopiclone 7.5 and clonazepan 10 mg every other night,

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
12/17/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 8 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Tolerance definitely develops for zopliclone

10 mg is still appropriate to use if it works for you and there should be no problems with that

Please let me know if you need any more information

Is there another sleeping pill I could try that might work better since im developing a tolerance to Zopiclone?

There are a couple of alternatives--

Ambien

Lunesta

I heard those were pretty strong and i dont think they even give ambien in Canada I live inCanada
Are there any others besides these?

Yes--

Restoril

Halcion

Which out of those 4 do you think would be the best to take with the least side effects but still works effectively?

I'd go with the Lunesta

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you