Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I don't really know where to begin. Let's start with some…

Customer Question
I don't really know...

I don't really know where to begin. Let's start with some bad food poisoning

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I haven't I don't take anything. I can't keep anything down

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really Having a tough time catching my breath

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
12/17/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 2 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Ok

What is your age?

Since how long is vomiting?

Do you have watery diarrhea, abdominal pain?

Are you able to drink enough liquids?

I’m 25I vomited 3 times between now and 2am after eating a thick and thin protein barNo watery diarrhea or painI don’t know how much liquid I can drink. I might vomit again

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

You may take dimenhydrinate or diphenhydramine which are over the counter medications for vomiting. You may try sipping water every 10-15 minutes, after taking medicine.

Pepto Bismol too may help.

Once your nausea subside, you may try Pedialyte or Gatorade so electrolytes are recuperated.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Ok so I just threw up again, but now I can control my breathing. Not sure what’s going on. I love Powerade and Gatorade so that’s not a problem. I just hope that I can keep it down.
I randomly feel pretty good right now after vomiting for the 4th time. I barely had any energy before vomiting and now it feels like a lot of my energy has been restored. Haven’t vomited in about 5 years so I don’t have too much experience with this.

With the anti vomiting medications, there should be some benefit in next half an hour. If the vomiting is persistent and you are unable to drink any liquids; there is small possibility of electrolyte derangement and dehydration.

In that case you may need to go to urgent care clinic or emergency room.

It is privilege assisting you.

Thank you so much.

You are very welcome.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Merry Christmas.

Happy Holidays.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor