Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can you take Xanax 0.25 while taking Warfarin 5mg? Going to…

Customer Question
Can you take Xanax...

Can you take Xanax 0.25 while taking Warfarin 5mg?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No, going to my family physician next week. Saw my cardiologist on Friday and Sent to the warfarin clinic friday, too.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had a quadruple bypass in July and have anxiety from time to time

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Really since about a month after surgery and just try to deal with it, but getting worse. Can't say there's anything particular that brings it on. Just random.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
12/17/2017
Doctor: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 8 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi Tony, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you have inquired whether it is safe to take antianxiety med Xanax while taking the blood thinner Warfarin, and I can certainly help you in this regard.

Yes, xanax & warfarn can be taken together safely and these two drugs are not expected to produce any serious or major drug interactions.

There are no known contraindications to use these two drugs together.

There are many patients who have used these two drugs together and our clinical experience shows there are no significant drug interactions or adverse reactions that are known to occur when these two drugs are used together.

Once again I reassure you, yes Xanax & Warfarin can certainly be used together safely, so please not to be scared of using these two meds together.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi Tony, as mentioned earlier too, Xanax can certainly be used when you are already on Warfarin, and this combination of medications is not contraindicated, and is considered safe to use.

Do you have any additional health questions? Do you want to discuss further the concerns you have mentioned above, or any other health related concerns?

Please let me know and I am available here.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD