Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What meds will make blood presure rise. Hydrocone, aleve and…

Customer Question
What meds will make...

What meds will make blood presure rise

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Hydrocone, aleve and have been on amlodipine besylate for week

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am waiting for hip replacement clearance. been in intense pain for some time. all other tests, heart, blood work ect/

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Aleve can cause rise of blood pressure.

The dietary and other helpful measures for high blood pressure are;

1) weight loss,

2) sodium reduction,

3) stress management,

4) nutritional supplement interventions of calcium, magnesium, potassium and fish oil.

5) light physical exercise like walking.

6) yoga

7) meditation

8) breathing exercises

9) relaxation exercises

10) stop if you; smoke, drink only in moderation

You may try following, which lower the blood pressure (available without prescription);

1) Garlic

2) Fish oil

3) Herb Hawthorn

4) Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 6 months ago

a) Patients with the hypertension do need to restrict table salt which is considered as a prime regulator of the blood pressure. It is advised to reduce sodium intake to no more than 2.4 g sodium or 6 g sodium chloride per day. It is also advised that adequate intake of dietary potassium (approximately 90 mmol/d), helps in reducing the blood pressure.

b) Following dietary and nutrition measure are strongly recommended to bring down the blood pressure;

A diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and low-fat dairy products may lower blood pressure by 10-16 mm Hg.
Oral potassium supplement may lower both systolic and diastolic pressure. Calcium and magnesium supplements, too, decrease the in blood pressure.
Low alcohol consumption lowers the blood pressure.
Stop smoking, if you do and reducing intake of dietary saturated fat and cholesterol benefits tremendously in overall cardiovascular health.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl