Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a flare up of crohns which initially produced…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a flare up of crohns which initially produced widespread abdominal pain. I have been on Steroids and antiinflammmatories for over a week and now my pain is only concentrated in LLQ. DOES THIS MEAN THE INFLAMMATION FOR crohns is diminishing

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

The pain has been present for three weeks with overall discomfort but now as I say only LLQ. I was scoped and diagnosed with inflammation and ulcers from ileum to caecum plus IC valve last week.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have diverticular disease but that was not evident on the scope

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/17/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Severity of pain is a good indicator for subsiding disease. Since the severity has decreased and also it has localized; this means flare up of Crohn's is decreasing.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl