Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a swollen lump next to my ankle. Little bit of…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a swollen lump next to my ankle

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

Little bit of both?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am not sure I feel like I have bad circulation I have had my gallbladder removed been through ivf in past years been on a lot of atiboiotics recently and ibuprofen and Panadol

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
12/17/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Please post a picture of the lump?

Since when do you have the lump?

Is it painful, hard and tender?

Are you diabetic?

no and I cant post a picture sorry I don't have one of those phones
my back of my leg is sore around my ankle and under my foot sometimes like when I walk

Could you please describe the lump; size, hardness, color etc?

Since when is it?

just swollen around my ankle maybe the size of a 20 cent piece feels like fluid but is a little hard also

This can be;

1) A varicose vein.

2) Ganglion; Fluid around a tendon.

3) Lipoma.

This is unlikely to be worrisome.