Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What can we do for a 28 month old who is running 100.2 fever…

Customer Question
What can we do...

What can we do for a 28 month old who is running 100.2 fever and no baby doctors available on weekends?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?

The baby started running the fever early this evening. No other sympthoms

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Being the flu season we are very concerned/

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
12/17/2017
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

Is baby suffer from vomiting, cough, stuffy nose?

Irritable and cranky?

Have you given any medicines?

Any medical illness?

Pain abdomen?

Loose stools?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

None of the above

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, you should initially give your baby either OTC Tylenol suspension or Advil for fever.

Maintain a good hydration with Pedialyte.

It can be a viral infection and make your baby rest properly.

In case of vomiting, you can give your child OTC Liquid Emetrol.

And nasal saline drops can be given if you feel some nasal congestion.

In case of high-grade fever, more than 103 F then visit an emergency room.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Respected customer,
Do you have any other follow up question?
May I help you more?
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.