Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My doctors office is closed for the weekend. I put in a

Customer Question
Hello, my doctors office...

Hello, my doctors office is closed for the weekend. I put in a refil for one of my medications 2 days ago but have not heard anything back from him yet. What can I do?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I'm allergic to the z-pack. But I put in the refill for my hydrocodone and my gabapentin

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes the reason I am on these is I have had 4 knee surgeries and I am only 27 years old. I have a MRI schedule on the 22nd as well

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/17/2017
Doctor: Dr AKB, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr AKB
Dr AKB, Board Certified Physician
we can’t prescribe the hydrocodone through telemedicine and without examining you in person. The gabapentin also requires further evaluation if the doctor hasn’t seen you before. I would advise using Alice or ibuprofen in the meantime until your meds are refilled. If it gets bad, I’d advise going to a local clinic.
What is Alice
I could send you pictures of the labels on the bottles and my drivers license to prove I'm me. Also what is Alice?
Sorry. Alice should be Aleve (autocorrect). The bottles and DL won’t help. Federal law doesn’t allow that. Hydrocodone is an opiate which cant be prescribed through telemedicine at all. It requires an in person evaluation and original signed prescription. The other medicine requires an in person visit or video consult.