Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I may be having a gall bladder attack (been sick for 7 days…

Customer Question
Hello. I may...

Hello. I may be having a gall bladder attack (been sick for 7 days now). What would they need to check for at the hospital?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I mentioned these episodes to my doc a few months ago, but he was not convinced at all. Just wanted to feed me the prescriptions for my high BP and that's it.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Not really but I had a hypertensive episode about 2 years ago and have been on meds for that since then. Last 6 months have been vomiting after heavy dinners so, only rice and veggies for me (seemed to work-felt good, lost some weight). Today had rice for breakfast and threw it up immediately. Haven't wanted much in the way of food for the last week, been home from work.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Um, Don't smoke, been strickly sober for 2 years (alcohol), been trying to quit chewing tobacco with gum and loose mint.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

In case of acute gall bladder inflammation usually an ultrasound and serum lipase levels are checked along with base line blood work and diagnosis is made on their results. I would recommend you to see a doctor get a thorough examination and evaluation so that antibiotics can be prescribed if diagnosis is confirmed and to rule out any pancreatic issue.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

This may help:
We had a company dinner 7 days ago, had mostly veggies but a "normal" helping of roast beef that was rather fatty. Did not finish the plate and had no alcoholic drinks. Since then ive had bad shakes and fever/chills, constant chest pain and extraordinary vomiting, especially after eating (anything). Iwould say I have stomach discomfort but not stabbing pains in the right side. A little bit of Diarrhea but I havent been eating much at all to really correlate what would cause that.
Also: just turned 40, 215 lbs, very active job requirements (not a desk job) and I excersise moderately 2 or 3 times a week (hiking and walking). Any thoughts?

Thanks for the reply.

Gallbladder inflammation is one of the possibility along with stomach or intestines issue. I would recommend you t take antacid or omeprazole and monitor the response and avoid smoky fatty and spicy food and take lots of fluids. However an examination by a doctor is recommended.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.