Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have one large tonsil and tender painful lymph nodes on…

Customer Question
I have one large...

I have one large tonsil and tender painful lymph nodes on the same side of my neck of the large tonsil.i don’t really have pain in mouth but can tell it’s there. I’m 20 years old, male, college student, drink on weekends. Not smoker

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the neck pain? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

I’ve had this neck pain for a while. Had a biopsy done in August for the same lymph node.No signs of cancer. The feeling in my neck is more of a stiff tightness to it.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had strep in October of this year , and also had strep 2 times earlier this year. Always have had sinus issues. In the occasion i do have a sore throat, it feels like it is sorer on the side of the enlarged tonsil

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/17/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

All the symptoms you have described are related and the cause seems to chronic tonsillitis which can be due to infection and lymph node is enlarged due to the same reason as all the areas of head and neck drains in these nodes thus causing them to get enlarged . I would recommend you to see an ENT specialist for thorough examination and further management to cure it completely. He might suggest tonsillectomy.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Please let me know if you have followup questions.