Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I fell on my hand and wrist 3 weeks ago and hurt it. I had…

Customer Question
I fell on my...

I fell on my hand and wrist 3 weeks ago and hurt it. I had two X-rays of my hand and neither one showed a break. The swelling has gotten worse this week and rises now in to my arm and down to my fingers. Today is by far the worst. Should I go back to get another X-ray?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

I am in great health generally. I run and eat healthy. I can move my wrist, but it definitely seems to make the pain worse when I do that.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I'm generally healthy, just dealing with this acute injury.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/16/2017
Doctor: Dr. Amir, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to say that it is important to have another x-ray of the hand and wrist as swelling is getting worse. I will suggest to see your physician for evaluation or visit ER for urgent examination and x-ray should be repeated as sometimes hairline fracture can be missed in the initial stages thats why good to have or I will strongly recommend to consider MRI hand instead of x-ray now. Take pain killers and seek urgent medical attention.

Let me know If you need any more information. Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you.

Kind regards

Dr. A Javed

Consultant Internal medicine