Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have had a pain in the right side that goes from my hip…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a pain in the right side that goes from my hip right across my back I can hardly walk and it had trouble been picking up a cup of coffee without pain

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I had spinal surgery 18 month ago but this is different I am ok sat still I can't even turn over in bed and taking a deep breath huts when standing

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have pcos

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
12/16/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Sorry to hear about that . Do you feel tenderness anywhere around your lower back ? How will you describe it ? Dull/ sharp/ tingling? Pulsating? Anything you have tried?

It is a bit tender by my right kidney I have tried naproxen codeine ibuprofen and paracetamol deep heat and heat packs it is an irritating aching pain my muscles spasm when moving

I would recommend taking naproxen for pain relief. Topical application of capsaicin cream should help. Add muscle relaxant such as flexeril to help relieve the spasm.

Physiotherapy , ice and arm compresses all have a role in pain management . Take adequate amount of water just in case its related to kidney.

If it continues to bother you then imaging would be required to ascertain the underlying cause which could be related to spine, muscles, hip bone or kidney.

I hope it helps.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards.

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor