Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband, 62 years old, has severe back pain and has been…

Customer Question
My husband, 62 years...

My husband, 62 years old, has severe back pain and has been unable to sleep for 5 nights. Worried about kidney pain, we went to the urgent care on Wednesday had x-ray, CT scan, and blood and urine tests. Arthritis along spine, idiopathic acute pancreatitissue without infection or necrosis. He was prescribed Flexeril and Norco. Last night he was in such pain he could not sit or lie down for more than 20 minutes, allowing no sleep. His belly is quite hard and he is constipated.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

They test ed blood and urine.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not sure. Overall good health.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/16/2017
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today. I'm sorry that the Norco has constipated your husband and increased his pain. May I assume his urine was clear of red blood cells so there was no suspicion of a kidney stone. BUT, you stated that he has an acute Pancreatitis which requires him to have been hospitalized. May I suggest you take him to the closest hospital ED for evaluation. This needs to be evaluated now.

I hope I have relieved your concerns.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

How is your husband feeling?