Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Left lower abdomen pain started this morning but is not

Customer Question
Left lower abdomen pain...

Left lower abdomen pain started this morning but is not across abdomen, causing more pain and shortness of breath

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

After breakfast at 9am. Pain is worse when laying on side. Feels better when peeing or passing gas. Having urinary frequency as well

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He had already had his appendix removed

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/16/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is his age?

Has he urinary burning, heartburn, diarrhea/constipation, nausea, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, bloating, gas, tenderness on abdomen?

Any family history of passing kidney stone?

No pain with urination, no blood in urine. He has passed gas. Abdomen is tender to touch.
No family history of kidney stone that I am aware of.
He is 24

Following are the possibilities of the diagnosis;

1) Kidney stone passing through ureter to bladder.

2) Meckel's diverticulitis.

3) Intestinal infection.

An X-ray abdomen, ultrasound, CT scan with blood and urine work up are necessary for the evaluation.

Just keep him on liquid diet.

Mylanta may help.

Advil can be taken for the pain.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl