Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I missed the last 2 active pills on my week 3 o f combo bc…

Customer Question
Hi, i missed the...

Hi, i missed the last 2 active pills on my week 3 o f combo bc pills

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Should i take my inactive too? No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
12/16/2017
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

Are your periods regular?

Any history of unprotected sex recently?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Okay thank you. I should mention that i was also supposed to start my placebo pill today. I took the pills for Wednesday and Thursday just now, but dont know if I should tale my placebo
While i take the pill i have unprotected sex. The last time I had sex was about a week ago unprotected just while taking
the pill..
I did notice something strange, last month I never got my period while taking my placebo week pills. Not sure if that is normal

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
Since you miss your last period you should do a pregnancy test.

Missing 2 active pills can reduce the effectiveness of the BC pills and in case you miss your period while taking placebo pills you should do a pregnancy test before starting a new pack.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

I wont be able to do a pregnancy test soon. Should i take the placebo tomorrow just in case or would it be no good?
This pack was my last pack.. i wont have bc for the weekend if the solutions is yo just start a new pack
I dont know what to do

Thank you for replying back.

Yes, you can take it from tomorrow.

I still strongly advise you to go pregnancy test ASAP.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Can it be sometimes normal to miss your period while on bc?

This is uncommon to miss your period while taking birth control.

A missed period can be caused due to pregnancy, hormonal imbalance.

So these possible causes should be ruled out also.

Ok last question.. say i am not pregnant... could i become pregnant for missing these last 2 pills?

As you had taken pills when you had sex and If you didn't have sex at the same time/days when you missed those pills so chances of pregnancy are slim this time.

Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.

Okay thank you

Good wishes for your health.

Thanks.
Take care.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor