Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am from American Samoa and would like to make an

Customer Question
I am from American...

I am from American Samoa and would like to make an appointment with an orthopedic for knee replacement surgery. I have medicare and mutual of omaha insurance.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

I was seen by a specialist in Tulsa and she recommended the surgery but she's too far for me to travel. I feel pain in the knees and can feel the rubbing of the knee bones when I walk.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing. I am very healthy and have no medical problems.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/16/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Are you looking for a recommendation of an orthopedic surgeon?

If so, what's the condition that needs to be treated? It sounds as though it might be arthritis, is that correct?

If you are looking for an orthopedist can you tell me what zip code you are looking for?

I would like to have the surgery as recommended by the Tulsa Specialist but with someone close to my home in San Diego not Tulsa, Ok.
If the doctor can't call then cancel the phone call.
The Specialist told me that my knee bones are now bone to bone with no cushion and I can feel the bones rubbing when I walk because they make a crackling sound but no hurt. I played a lot of sports in my life time and it got to the point where I couldn't play tennis anymore because it hurted bad.
perhaps a knee replacement might be the only option. One of the best institutions for joint replacement or sports medicine orthopedics is the Scripps medical clinic. They have a lot of fantastic doctors there.
This institution is at Scripps.org and worth contacting for a referral to their specialists.
Sorry, I stepped out for awhile. I would like to get referral to a doctor at the Scripps in Chula Vista if possible. Can you help me?

You won't need a referral for Scripps, they will accept you without a referral since they aren't an HMO.