Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I don't appear to have jaundice but for the past week my bms…

Customer Question
I don't appear to...

I don't appear to have jaundice but for the past week my bms have been clay-colored and I've had constant nausea, no appetite. I've always drank too much, so other than testing my liver enzymes, is there any other way to determine if my liver is finally shot?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Not yet. No insurance. I have problems with anxiety and depression for which I take antidepressants and benzos so it might just be my hypocondria, but i thought i would ask.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?

About a month. Bowel movements only changed over the past couple weeks though. Thought it was just me being paranoid so I started back on antidepressants, but still feel lousy.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Pack a day smoker. Overweight. Other than the depression and anxiety and alcohol abuse, I think that about covers it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
12/15/2017
Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 2 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. Can you tell me please, do you have any blood in your stool or have you ever coughed up or vomited any blood? And do your gums or nose bleed often, when you get a cut does it take a long time to clot? Do you have any swelling in your abdomen? Thank you in advance for your replies.

Family Physician, Doctor