Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Just checking on the best time of day is best for my

Customer Question
Just checking on the...

Just checking on the best time of day is best for my one-300MG Allopurinol.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

The only symptoms seem to be the terrible gout attacks I get, the the Doctor gives me Colchicine as well. But, Allopurinol is my daily medication.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No allergies, I take (are you ready) Metoprolol, Eplerenone, Benazepril, Gabapentin, Lovastatin, and more.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Am 75, have had five surgeries on back and neck, heart attack and quadrupal bypass, have heart failure, have bad peripheral neuropothy.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/15/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Any time of day as long as it is at the same time.

The single dose is based on the idea that the next dose occurs at 24 hours.

Beyond this, there is a matter of convenience, when do you take most of your other meds?