Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My abdomen swells right up after I eat my meals. It's swells…

Customer Question
Hi, my abdomen swells...

Hi, my abdomen swells right up after I eat my meals. It's swells so much that I look pregnant. I also get a tingly sensation all over it at times also, not all the time. I feel so full after I eat. I get constipated a lot also.i don't ever vomit or get diarrhoea.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

Swelling has been happening for a long time like well over a year but i just put it down to weight gain but it is just my stomach area no where else. No injuries.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I'm asthmatic but very mild.my bloods have been done and my vitamin b12 is low. I got gastritis during the summer which i was on omeprazole for a month aftet as i was suffering from bad acid reflux but that has stopped.im not in any great pain anywhere just this swelling and tingly feeling like something is crawling under my skin.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Thank you

what meds do you take?

I don't take anything.just inhalers when my asthma flares up.

how old?

How old am I? 28

do you have IBS?

I don't know. I'm looking for a professional opinion. What do you think? I can't seem to find any reason for the tingly sensation all over my abdomen.

I think you have IBS

irritable bowel

but you need a scope to look into the stomach

it might be celiac and the scope can test for this

is this helpful?

but have you ever heard of this tingly sensation or seen it? Im quite concerned whether it's a more serious under lying problem

I have never seen that

that indicates a nerve issue

thanks for this question.

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor