Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Does Aleve increase blood pressure. Flucuations. Only trying…

Customer Question
Does Aleve increase blood...

Does Aleve increase blood pressure

Doctor's Assistant: Is this consistent, or is there some fluctuation in blood pressure?

Flucuations

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Only trying to get pressure back to like 138 over 85 or close. Was at 162 and I am having Implants done in late January. Need to get it down. My doctor gave me Amtiodipine

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
12/15/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Aleve is known to increase the blood pressure. Please read this resource for the side effects;

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-1098/aleve-oral/details

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Trying to lower pressure with diet as well. My Internist said no pasta, potatoes, carbs and sweets. I guess lean meat and fish with greens like spinach. I need a diet that works fast with the Amlodipine
I cannot afford $50 I am disabled and on low income.

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

a) Patients with the hypertension do need to restrict table salt which is considered as a prime regulator of the blood pressure. It is advised to reduce sodium intake to no more than 2.4 g sodium or 6 g sodium chloride per day. It is also advised that adequate intake of dietary potassium (approximately 90 mmol/d), helps in reducing the blood pressure.

b) Following dietary and nutrition measure are strongly recommended to bring down the blood pressure;

A diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and low-fat dairy products may lower blood pressure by 10-16 mm Hg.
Oral potassium supplement may lower both systolic and diastolic pressure. Calcium and magnesium supplements, too, decrease the in blood pressure.
Low alcohol consumption lowers the blood pressure.
Stop smoking, if you do and reducing intake of dietary saturated fat and cholesterol benefits tremendously in overall cardiovascular health.
Following reduce and regulate the blood pressure:

1) Garlic

2) Fish oil

3) Herb Hawthorn

4) Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10).

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

K cannot possibly afford $50

These are system generated offers and experts do not have control.

Were you able to read the above answer?

The dietary and other helpful measures for high blood pressure are;

1) weight loss,

2) sodium reduction,

3) stress management,

4) nutritional supplement interventions of calcium, magnesium, potassium and fish oil.

5) light physical exercise like walking.

6) yoga

7) meditation

8) breathing exercises

9) relaxation exercises.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor