Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Consistent rectal bleeding. What is this?

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
12/15/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for the being online & for attaching the picture.I have seen it.

The picture you have sent & the symptoms you have described of having Consistent rectal bleeding is called hematochezia. Generally, the closer the bleeding site is to the anus, the blood will be a brighter red. This blood is coming from lower gastro intestinal tract. Its most common causes are: hemorrhoids,anal fissures,diverticular bleeding,intestinal infection (such as bacterial enterocolitis),inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative collitis,crohn's disease.

You need following tests:

-Stool examination,

-Anoscopy

-Ultrasound of lower abdomen,

-Rectal examination

-Colonoscopy.

Hemorrhoids seems to be the most probable cause of this.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

What does the picture look like to you? Do you see hemmeroids or cause?

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Yes,seeing the picture-hemorrhoids seems to be the most likely cause.

Hemorrhoids are swollen, inflamed veins around the anus or lower rectum.Too much pressure on the veins in the pelvic and rectal area causes hemorrhoids.

Following is recommended for you now:

• Please apply cream called preparation H. You can get it at your pharmacy without prescription.
  • You need to increase the quantity of fruits and vegetables as they contain lots of fiber.
  • Have sitz bath that is soak your anal area in plain warm water 10 to 15 minutes two to three times a day.

All this will help you greatly.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Where are the hemmeroids in the picture? Is that the swollen purple area?

It is initial stage of hemorrhoids. Although the lumps are not very big now but they can get inflammed in future.

Yes,the swollen purple are in center is likely to be grade-1 of hemorrhoids.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh