Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My throat hurts and talking is not easy. Chloroseptic helped…

Customer Question
My throat hurts and...

My throat hurts and talking is not easy. Chloroseptic helped make it feel better. Does it sound like strp?

Doctor's Assistant: How severe is this?

My sore throat woke me up.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My throat is suseptable to issues. I haven't had pneumonia in about 4 years or bronchitis in over 2 years.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
12/15/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Since how many days are you having sore throat?

Are you having any cough?

Two. But earlier this week my nose was running and I had sort of a headache.
I don't want to talk!!!

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

The symptoms you have described of having sore throat & mild headache since last 2 days seems most likely due to viral infection.

This does not seem to be due to strep infection.

Sore throat caused by a viral infection generally clears up on its own within one week with no complications.

· .For symptomatic relief,following is recommended for you:

• Take tab.NyQuil.It contains acetaminophen,dextromethorphan,doxylamine and pseudoephedrine that will provide you great relief from this common cold symptoms.It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription.
  • Keep a humidifier running in your room.
  • Use an over-the-counter salt-water spray (inhaled through the nose) five or six times a day.This will provide you dramatic relief.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor