Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’ve had blood in my stool today and a little bit yesterday…

Customer Question
Hi so I’ve had...

Hi so I’ve had blood in my stool today and a little bit yesterday and I’m pretty worried about it

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

It’s been totally fine but on Monday I had a heavy night of drinking and have felt pretty hung over ever cents

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Since*

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/15/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Pain during a bowel movement?

Itching, burning sensation, pain at the anal opening?

Hard stools/constipation?

Are you taking any medications?

Any other medical history?

Any bump formation at the anal opening?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

No pain at all, no meds, didnt poop for a day and a half but thats cuz i didnt eat cuz my stomach was too upset from the hangover & i havent actually looked at or touched my anus at all

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe there may be a possibility of Hemorrhoids.
You can try OTC cream or suppository containing hydrocortisone and use pads containing witch hazel or a topical numbing agent.
Use a sitz bath with warm water.
Keep yourself hydrated with plenty of fluids and eat fiber-rich diet and take Metamucil.
Avoid alcohol, spicy food, fat rich food.
Avoid straining during Bowel movement.
Avoid long periods of sitting.
Even sitting too long, particularly on the toilet, can increase the pressure on the veins in the anus.
Do regular exercises.

Your symptoms will resolve if your stools will be soft and regular again.

As constipation is a main contributing factor.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.