Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having right side abdominal pain for about a few…

Customer Question
I have been having...

I have been having right side abdominal pain for about a few weeks now.. it hurts when I laugh or cough

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

Random cough, not a lot .. diaahrhea on and off

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My appendix has been removed last year

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/15/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Is it on upper or lower right abdomen?

Do you have increased urinary frequency, urinary burning, heartburn, constipation, nausea, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, bloating, gas, tenderness on abdomen?

Is your diarrhea foul smelling and watery?

Were any investigations done?

Mid to lower abdomin.. some nausea , diarrhea watery.. I am a 27 year old female

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

The possibilities of the diagnosis are;

1) Mild grade intestinal infection.

2) Bacterial overgrowth syndrome

3) Irritable bowel syndrome.

You need to get an ultrasound and a CT scan for evaluation.

For bacterial overgrowth syndrome, the diagnosis can be achieved by;

1) Hydrogen breath test

2) Bile acid breath test

3) Xylose breath test

4) Stool test.

You may also get a colonoscopy and upper GI endoscopy for the evaluation.

Small intestinal diverticulosis / diverticulitis though not common may also be the possibility. Subacute intestinal obstruction, irritable bowel syndrome may also be looked in to the possibilities.

Treatment is by rifaximin which eradicates bowel overgrowth syndrome.

Probiotics too may help.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

it was helpful.. I wa diagnosed with kidney stones from my PA

It is good that diagnosis was achieved.

Wishing you a very speedy resolution of your symptoms.

You may consider pressing the start buttons above.

Happy Holiday season.

Stay blessed.

It is privilege assisting you.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Merry Christmas.

Happy Holidays.