Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a diarrhea and vomiting and I am in alot of pain went…

Customer Question
I have a diarrhea...

I have a diarrhea and vomiting and I am in alot of pain went to Brookwood Hospital you didn't find anything I am nauseous and vomit foamy stuff

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Had issue for 4 months sometimes Iv fluids help but my pain is always there don't know what to do my skin is so dry it's crusting and hurting

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I also have fatty liver disease but I have lost 60 pounds in 4months

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/15/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

I am so sorry for prolonged symptoms.

What is your age and gender?

What are the investigations (lab work, medical imaging, camera exams) done?

What are your present medications?

I am 44 and I have had colonoscopy and endoscopy I have had an upper and lower give where a hernia was found I am miserable and I just want to be better I wish I could just be put in hospital and have everything run so I can leave knowing what is wrong Uab kept me one night but didn't run any tests please help me

I am sorry, I cannot phone you but I am writing you the answer.

Your symptoms can be due to bacterial overgrowth syndrome. The diagnosis can be achieved by;

1) Hydrogen breath test

2) Bile acid breath test

3) Xylose breath test

4) Stool test.

You may also get a CT scan and an MRI of the abdomen for the evaluation.

Small intestinal diverticulosis / diverticulitis though not common may also be the possibility. Subacute intestinal obstruction, irritable bowel syndrome may also be looked in to the possibilities.

Treatment is by rifaximin which eradicates bowel overgrowth syndrome.

Probiotics too may help.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl