Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I need to know the difference between Fermented Black

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know the difference between Fermented Black Garlic, and Non-Fermented Black Garlic. Can you help?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

It's a question for a nutritionist

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
12/15/2017
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Fermentation of black garlic is supposed to enhance its antioxidant potential. Antioxidants are cancer prevention agents
Scavenges free radicals – Including superoxide, hydrogen peroxide, hydroxyl, peroxynitrite radicals, as well as hypochlorous acid and singlet oxygen. None of this is of course proven medically as garlic is a food and not a drug and of course not regulated by the FDA.