Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I recently had a CT scan done as I have had a pancreatic…

Customer Question
I recently had a...

I recently had a CT scan done as I have had a pancreatic cyst removed and my liver measured 18.2 cm. I am female, is that abnormal?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No rash or fever but I am experiencing pain in my upper right quadrant, mostly under the breast and nausea

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I have had it for 5 or so weeks. X-rays showed no abnormality in the rib area. I have pain all day that is bothersome but coughing, sneezing and laying down bothers me a lot. It does interrupt my sleep

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had surgery on my pancreas, spleen removed and a small bowel resection all in the last 2 years. Nothing else though

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/14/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

a superior to inferior measurement of 18.2cm on the liver is a little big

how old are you?

what is your height and weight?

sometimes if you are a bit overweight, this can cause some fatty changes and enlargement of your liver.