Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I just accidentally took my thyroid medication (hypothyroid)

Customer Question
I just accidentally took...

I just accidentally took my thyroid medication (hypothyroid) when I already took it this morning around 11:30am. I'm scared that I may have accidentally overdosed.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I cannot take benedryl, but other than that I don't have any alergies. I take fluoxetine (20mg), metropolol, losartan, amatryptaline (for night to,e bladder control), and vitamins.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I can't think of anything else over than high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, PMDD, and insomnia. I take ambien on an as need basis. I think that's it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
12/14/2017
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

Please provide medicine name and it's strength you have taken?

Any symptoms so far?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Armor Throid, 30mg, daily. Other than anxiety about taking an extra pill, no symptoms yet.

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, such double dose of Armour thyroid is not overdose.

As you are not feeling any symptoms so it's a good sign and most likely you will tolerate it.

Miss your next dose in the morning.

And take as directed afterwards.
"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Respected customer,
Do you have any other follow up question?
May I help you more?
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor